We all perceive the same situation from our own unique perspective. Therefore there are multiple versions of the truth, each one driven by the individual's frames of reference or biases. So what is the ...
When enough people, across all levels begin to LEAD, then we will see positive change occurring. We will experience a shift from believing that there is nothing we can do to change the bigger picture, and start to believe that we can influence a different future.
TIME TO MOVE YOURSELF TO A NEW LEVEL
Confidently lead in any situation
A leader in the modern workplace
Want to build your Influence?
Why leaders are needed at all levels
THE BIGGEST HURDLE ALL NEW LEADERS HAVE TO MANAGE
There is an evolutionary path that everyone has to take on the road to leadership. Studies show that most who are in management positions have not been trained and equipped to hold these functional roles. Of those in management roles, few have been trained and equipped for the leadership function that a management function requires. The transition path from technical competencies to leadership competency is failing many potentially great leaders.
There is a detrimental impact on those who have transitioned through their technical occupation and into a management/ leader role without undergoing leadership equipping.
Research has shown that this results in high levels of inefficient and ineffective leadership.
AND THE RESULT IS …
THE COST OF POOR MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP
As the business landscape becomes increasingly complex and tight, a competitive advantage is becoming more difficult to achieve.
One of the areas where a competitive advantage can be gained is through adopting a culture of leadership accross the business. An ingrained leadership DNA.
Currently poor leadership is costing organisations and businesses through
- Lack of internal and external alignment
- Loss of key staff
- Disengaged workforce
- Low efficiencies
- Loss of customers as a result of the previous points.
To blame is
- Management approaches that are flawed, outdated or non-existant
- Managers that are not trained and equipped to be leaders
- A lack of leadership culture that is encouraged or exists throughout the organisation
THE UPSIDE OF TRAINED AND EQUIPPED LEADERS
With the right approach and through equipping managers to be leaders and developing a broader leadership culture in the business, you can spend more of your team’s time and energy on leveraging opportunities. Here are the benefits;
- An aligned organisation that reduces internal and external conflicts of interest
- Reap the rewards of high levels of efficiencies
- Retaining of key staff and the core knowledge and experience that is crucial to the business
- The advantage of an actively engaged workforce
- Motivated and less stressed managers who are more engaged and therefore effective
- Retention of customer that are crucial to the profitability and sustainability of the company.
Organisations with a leadership culture are 80% more likely to obtain and hold a competitive advanatage in the marketplace.
The Berkley Institute alliance
Enhance Your Leadership Skills
GAINING THE COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE IN A CROWDED MARKETPLACE
The Berkley Institute of Leadership was founded by Steve Vanstraaten to focus on the EXP Factor leadership development aspects. It also has the mandate to constantly research the latest trends and adapt the leadership realm to shift towards excellence in leadership.
It does not matter whether you are an experienced leader or manager, an emerging leader, or someone who wants to improve how they interact with others, Berkley Institute has developed a number of leadership courses that are designed to train up and equip leaders at any level of experience or aspiration.
Courses on offer include:
- The EXP Leadership Programme
- Project Leadership
- The EXP Factor – Self Leadership
- The Psychology of Entrepreneurship
- Leadership coaching
- Facilitation of leadership workshops
- Implementing leadership DNA in organisations